Tuesday 2 November 2010

A Tia Update

Ok folks, a human update, and it's going to be quick as I'm emotionally wrung out.


Earlier today, I took Tia home from the vets, but this wasn't the glorious news I'd been hoping for. The reason I took her was because I couldn't afford to keep her there any longer, despite them telling me that it would be more benificial to her. In one night alone, Tia ran up a bill of £796, and I don't know how I'm going to pay that one, let alone any further ones incurred. The vets were worried as to how well she'd do at home, as we don't know the reason still why her tummy got like this in the first place. All of the tests came up inconclusive.


So I'm doing what I can for her. I have her on an exclusively wet food diet, and with a bit of coaxing, she's begun to eat again. I am syringe feeding her every hour, but I don't know how long I can keep this up with work and everything else. I have electrolites, antibiotics and apetite stimulants for her, so I just gotta hope that they work.


I'm worried that they won't though, and in any case, the vet needs to see her again in two days to check her progress. If she still has runny poo, the next stage will be to biopsy her. If that needs doing, I simply can't afford to pay it. I wrote to ML to see if she knew of any charities that could help out, and she referred me straight back to the super CB. I have created what I think is a working Paypal button which I'm going to post hereon the off-chance that someone can help. I don't do begging posts well. It's not what I do. Please feel no pressure at all to donate. Your support is more than I could ask for. It's there just in case, is all. I'm not too proud to ask when the life of my Tia is at stake.


That's all from me tonight. I'll write more tomorrow if I have the energy to after tonight's wrangling with a cat who really doesn't like water being dribbled down her throat. Thanks so much for stopping by to comment. Carly






8 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, I am so sorry to read this news. I know how hard it is to pay these bills. They run up so quickly! I pray you will be blessed with all that you need to help Tia!

Jan

OKcats said...

I'm so very sorry for you - it's a horrible feeling when they're ill like that. I donated a little - I'm sorry it couldn't be more. I hope you're able to get all you need to help your sweet Tia.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I'm so sorry that Tia is not doing well. I've donated a little to help out. I'm also adding my purrs and purrayers for her.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Hey, Tia & human. We send you a little green papers, and some more purrrrrss & purrrrrayers.

We hope they help you all.

PS: Check out Speaking For Spot. We suspect these are mostly in the US, but some of them might be active in the UK as well.

ppuurrrrrrss

Kaz's Cats said...

We're sorry that Tia is still sick - all we can do is purr and purray for her and send a few green papers to help out. We wish it could be more...

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha & Karen (Mum)

Karen Jo said...

I am so sorry that Tia is so sick and that the vets don't know what is wrong. The bills can really mount up fast. I am sending a few green papers and prayers and Herman is sending his best healing purrs. He knows all about runny poop.

Sparkle said...

I feel so awful that Tia is going through this! It's even worse when the vet can't figure out what is wrong, even with all the expensive tests and treatment. I am hoping that there is a solution, both with Tia's illness and with a way to put a really big dent in that vet bill!

Kea said...

I can relate to the bills -- I'm still trying to pay off Derry's vet bill from June, hence the auction. And I had succumbed and put a donate button my blog back in the summer -- felt awful for "begging" but didn't see any other way around it. Members of the CB are very generous and kind and understanding, though.

Purrs and prayers for Tia -- presumably you'll treat her as if she has IBD? Try slipper elm bark to soothe her upset insides (powder, boil it up into a liquid, keeps for a few days, syringe into her or perhaps just sprinkle it on her food, if she'll eat it. You don't need much.) Pumpkin, too, plain pumpkin is good for both diarrhea and constipation.

Lots of (((hugs))) and Light!