Wednesday 20 October 2010

To be or not to be, that is the question

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I'm massively tired. I have put in a 14 hour day already and I haven't even had dinner yet!


Tia came back into call last night, which is what she needs really to take her mind off the phantom kittens. That meant a trip to stud. I promised her I'd try and have her mated when she next called because the longer I leave it, the more she is at risk of cysts on the ovaries and all sorts of things. If she hasn't had kittens by the end of next summer, I'm going to have her spayed for her own good, but I suspect that this will be her last good call for this season, so thought it best to send her to stud and hope that this time, she lets him get within twenty feet of her!


I called the owner of the scrummy daddy to be last night and told her. She was only too happy to have Tia in, so today I got up early, gave her abath, ran to work for a long, rather boring meeting, scooted home, grabbed miss Tia and her super duper new pink carrier, and jumped on a train to Manchester. I've only just got back. When I left, Tia had been put in with the boy. She was put in his indoor bit first of all, but lost no time in running into the outdoor run, sitting on his favourite chair and claiming it as her very own by spitting at him every time he came near her. Tortitude is not dead, folks, not by a long shot.


I'm due to pick her up either on Sunday or Monday. I'm hoping it's Sunday. I miss her like crazy already. This has been the first time I've had a house with no cats in it for well over a year, and it just feels so, well, wrong is the only word for it. Fingers crossed pleased that she lets mr daddy do the necessary this time. That means she won't have to go out again for months and months! I want my girlie back. I'm missing her snuggles already. I suspect by the time she comes back, I'll even miss being woken twice or three times during the night too. When I hear updates, I'll let you know. Blog posts are likely to be limited until she gets back, but I might review another cat carrier in the interim. Tia has left me her thoughts and told me exactly what to say, so she can still help with that.


One thing remains to be seen though. Kittens: to be, or not to be. That is the question!

2 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Paws crossed for kittens!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Paws absolutely crossed for new kittens, Tia's happiness, and I thoroughly understand that you miss her. I would my own baby and I admit she wakes me several times a night every night..just because she can. (she's ill with hyperthyroidism..takes medication and is a bit querulous.)

Admiral's Mommy