Thursday 26 August 2010

Sacrifice and Absence

It is with great sadness, and not a tiny touch of worry, that I write this post. you see, I've made a decision, one which I'm not sure I'm very happy with.



It all started with a kitten, a foolish, silly little kitten that was brought home to live with my human's people. Given that my human owns his people, I thought that it was my responsibility to help raise the kitten in a sensible way, given that peoples don't have a hope of doing this right. But the problem is, I'm at a great distance, so none of my teachings can be practical. They're all written.



Over the last few weeks, I've been commenting on the Babycat's blog, trying to help him where I could. Some of you other manly mancats have been doing it too, helping where you can, although I'm not sure all are helping for the good! No, Whicky, I'm not thinking of you as I write that bit...



Anyway, pardon. I do have a habit of getting side-tracked. So, I was commenting, giving my wisdom freely, but it didn't work! Firstly, the baby's just a kitten, so forgets half of what I tell him, and has this insane childish idea that peoples are basically all right, and not stupid at all! He's been going through a rough time of it at the moment with his people, and is trying hard to train him in the propper way, but given that he's young, he's making no head-way at all.



As I've said before, I feel responsible for Babycat because my human decided to own his people. I'll be having words with her about that after this incident is over, I promise you. Owning a people only brings problems, as demonstrated by the situation I find myself in now!



Ahem, getting off the topic at hand again. I thought long and hard about the problem. I was having no effect on my own. Even the manly vibes from the manly mancats weren't doing any good. Could I? Should I? More to the point, dare I?



Well, I dare. I'm a decent cat even if I do say so myself, and seeing another in need, I can't help but do what I can. It's for this reason that I'm sending my human to Babycat, well, not to him directly, but to his people to train him. My human, in some ways, is pretty good. She knows to feed me fish, something which Babycat doesn't get. She knows that if I miaow, she's to find me, pick me up and cuddle me. Babycat's people leaves him alone even when he's crying. I don't care if the people had other things to do. Even my human, who is basically stupid, interrupts what she's doing whenever I sing to her.



This is just a few of the things Babycat's people is doing wrong, and I think I can help. So I've put my own needs aside and made a sacrifice. For just over three weeks, I will part from my human and send her halfway across the world to live with Babycat's people. I'm going to be candid with you for a moment. I've always said that I love the human, and I do. It's for that reason, and I don't care how needy this makes me look, that I'm going to miss her dreadfully. She cuddles so nicely. She's soft and warm and her voice is gentle and comforting. She makes a good place to lie at night and she does feed me wet food every day. What am I going to do without her for three weeks?



While she's gone, I get to live with hoover lady. Hoover lady is mad on cats, but we're not so mad on her. She's all right, I suppose, but she's not my human. She'll probably still feed me the wet stuff (the human said she'd tell her to) but it just won't be the same. She's going to sleep in the human's bed, but her smell is different and I don't want to cuddle her the same way I do the human. Why did I do this? Why did I say I'd send her to Babycat? Surely he can do without her and manage on his own?



I instructed her to call the flying plane companies, but she said, "Well Tia, you know I've been planning to go here for quite some time now, so the flights are already booked". Well, how did she know I'd send her! I say my human is stupid, but it's at times like this that i'm forced to re-evaluate. I mean, you gotta be pretty smart to know what I'm going to do before I do it, right?



Because she's away and Hoover Lady's no good on the computer, I won't be blogging very much. I'll update when I can, and I have a special event that i'm planning to launch on Tuesday, maybe, but it depends if I can sneak some time on the computer or not. My human may update the blog with information about what she's been doing. I've given my permission for this, so don't worry, she hasn't stolen my passwords!



Her suitcase came out today. I've been half-heartedly trying to play in it, but I keep remembering what someone else said in my comments. They said that when the suitcase comes, it means that the peoples who own it are going away. My human owns this one.



Oh, why did I do this? I have to remember that I'm a big cat and can do without my human. I don't need her. I'm going to have a good time without her by breaking every rule she ever thought she'd made. I'm not going to miss her at night. I'm not going to wonder if Babycat is cuddling her and she loves him now more than me. I, I... I think I'm going to go now. Remember this, Babycat. Remember what it costs me to send her. Don't make her yours. Please don't make her yours.

18 comments:

Ming said...

You've confused me. If your people planned this before you even knew you would, how could it be your idea? It's making my poor little head hurt! Maybe it's a thing only wise cats can know.

I won't bite your human or do anything mean to her, I promise. It's my people I'm having trouble with, not peoples in general. Scoot is nice. Penny is nice. Well...they're nice except when it's water time or when they're putting me in little rooms where the walls close with Kara! My people is the one I've launched my revolt against. He has to learn...he simply has to!

Tia and Millie said...

It would be better if you weren't nice to my human. That way, she's less likely to love you and forget about me while she's there.

Tia and Millie said...

Oh, and you're welcome, ungrateful baby.

Ming said...

Hey, I'll be plenty grateful for extra attention, especially because it's attention you won't be having which makes it even more important to enjoy and be thankful for!
Your people won't forget you. If she's as nice to you as you say, even though she's sometimes apt to do stuff you don't like, she'd never forget you or abandon you. Even my people isn't -that mean, and as I've said, I've got a score to settle with him I think. Try not to worry too much. In awhile your people will come home to you, and leave all alone with mine.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We hate to admit this but we're so totally confused. We thought you and Ming lived in the same house since your blogs look and sound alike.

Donna said...

I wish you good luck. :)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, yoo is letting, or sending, yoor human to be wif another kitty? We don't like our mom to go be wif another kitty. Just da ones at da shelter cuz she always comes home from der and kisses and cuddles us. When she goes to see another humans kitty she always comes home and sez we is furry nawty...

Tia said...

Zipp, that's part of the reason why I don't want her to go. Only part of it, mind.

Jan, me and the Babycat don't live in the same house. I live in England with my human, and he's half a world away with his people in a place called Canada. Babycat says his people has problems with his eyes too which is why the blogs look the same and don't have pictures.

Everycat said...

Tia this is a most generous and responsible gesture you are making. Clearly young Ming needs the back-up, sometimes humans are very difficult to train and it takes another well trained human to get the job done. We will miss you very much. We all hope that Hoover Lady serves you and Mummy Cat Cindy well and you have no problems. When your human comes home, just think of all the fun you can have ignoring her and making her work for your attention!

We hope your human has a safe journey and is able to train Ming's human properly. He does sound like he needs some back-up

Whicky Wuudler

AFSS said...

Tia, we are sure she won't forget about you and that she will always love you. Nice of you to let her go train Babycat's people.

Mishkat said...

We know this is difficult for you, Tia, but your human is doing a very nice thing (and we are sure she will miss you a lot!) We're sending you and her and the babycat many purrs!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Tia, you are doing a nobel thing, loaning you person to help train Ming. Don't worry about your human forgetting about you. People are wired to remember kitties, especially ones they've worked for in the past.

We hope we hear from you and your human once in a while.

Your Daily Cute said...

I just came over from the Cat Blogosphere... and this is the SWEETEST thing I've read. Your human seems like a very, very nice lady. :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, thank you for the explanation. Jan seem to be easily confused any more. Age, you know. :) Of course we furries are never confused. Except by Jan.

So your human is going on a long trip from England to Canada. We wish her a safe and fun trip to visit Ming and his humans. And we wish you lots of nap and treat time while she's gone, Tia.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Well, we think it is too bad you have to go to extreme measures like this to be sure that Babycat is ok, but we think it makes sense and is for the best. It sounds like you are being very responsible, which is a good thing. We know you will miss your human a lot but we know it will be fun when she gets back with stories too!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

oh deerest Tia... why cant u go too?

well u jus haveta monitor frum england i suppose.

u mite have to retrain ur hooman when it gets bak... dey gets furgetful when dey am gones.

Katie Kitty Too

Tybalt said...

Hello! It is nice to meet you, Tia!

Tia, you are a very brave cat. But the other kitties are right - you may have to retrain your human when she comes home. And she is likely to smell wrong, so you'll have to put back all your furs and smells on her.

Nikita Cat said...

Such a brave, and caring, Cat, you are!

Take care of yourself, Tia!