Saturday 16 July 2011

More kittens and an apology


Karen, as you so rightly said, we haven't updated in ages! Blame my human for that, no please, I insist! She says she doesn't do no sleep plus full days very well, and wants to spend all her free time resting rather than writing. I don't understand it. We cats do all right with catnaps here and there all the time, so why can't she!






But why wasn't she sleeping? Well, you see, my mousies have gone through another period of losing weight. First it was Porker which worried her no end. He's the biggest, so should have the least trouble feeding. When Hamster lost that same day, she knew that a sleepless night was coming. She had to stay awake and help Porker and Hamster find one of my nimples, then hold them there while they had a drink, stop others fighting them, stop them fighting each other, and still leave room between her big paw hands for the Baby to have a space at the milk bar. It really wasn't easy. She says it wasn't helped by the fact that every time the mousies cried, I'd curl round them instead of stretching out. Well, I was worried for them! I thought if I could hide them, they'd stop crying, but it only made them worse which made me curl tighter which made them scream. In the end, I thought it was the human's fault and really shouted at her, but she took no notice, pulled me out to be stretchy again, and just went on plugging them in. Of course, they stopped crying as soon as they got a drink, so gradually, I learned that the human would help me to stop them instead of making it worse.





By the time the next morning came, the human was exhausted, but she couldn't sleep. She needed to keep going. By the time bedtime rolled around, she was really ready to make her snore noises, but it turned out that the Baby had lost weight during the day, a lot of weight, so now it was her turn to get the special treatment.





Dogman came up the next day, and the day after that, she abandoned us all to attend something called an exhibition. She says that's rather like a cat show, sept that the things on show are computers and technology, not cats. It sounds boring if you ask me, but she enjoyed it. She said she had to go cuz she'd committed ages ago. I punnished her though. When she came back, I totally ignored her. I wasn't left alone. Dogman's mummypeople came in to watch us all and feed me and make sure everything was all right, but I didn't care. She wasn't my human!





Speaking of ignoring, I've been doing a lot of that lately, and the human says it's making her miserable. As you know, I prefer to play at being a mummycat from afar, but even though I don't wanna be in the box with my mousies, I don't wanna be with the human either. Well, that's not true. I don't mind being nearby, but every time she tries to pick me up, I jump down again and go somewhere else. She says she's really missing her snuggle time with me, but I can't bring myself to care. She says it's probly the tiredness, but she feels like she's doing a lotta work for little return. She also knows that's stupid, cuz the mousies are all thriving, and, besides the milk bar, that's thanks to her for all of them now. But she wishes that I'd show her some appreciation, even once a day. I do still purr for her when she comes to help the babies access the milk bar, but that's about it really. Oh, and I shout at her for food. I followed her halfway to the litterbox room today, but I wouldn't come in with her like I normally do, and I wouldn't let her pick me up either. Well, it's a compromise, isn't it? She says that she needs to touch and hold me on accounta her broken eyes, but I think she's probably asking a bit too much. I mean, I've got a lot of demands on my time. What do you all think?





Porker is playing now whenever the human tickles him. The Baby thinks about it, but would rather cry and squeak so that I'll come see what's wrong with her. She did climb up the box to stand under where the human's chin was though, and she doesn't run away, so I know she's not frightened. Hamster plays sometimes, but not very much really. He and the Baby should break the 300 Gram marker today. Porker has already done that days ago!





I can't think of what else to tell you, so I'm afraid that's it for the time being. I'm sorry that some of you were worried, I really am. I promise not to leave it as long again between posts. Thank you all for caring though! It's particularly helped my human today. She says it's helped keep the black dog at bay, but I dunno what that is, as I see no black dog anywhere! My human's strange sometimes. Well, most of the time, actually.

7 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Tia, we will get on our Mommy right away to get photos up! Our Mommy is a sloth.
We are thrilled your Mousies are getting bigger! When do they turn into proper kittens?

The Lee County Clowder said...

Tia, so glad you and your mousies are all still doing well.

Old Kitty said...

Shouting at your mum for food is real affection!!! Seriously! :-) Yay for you and your mousies and your mum!!! Take care
x

The Florida Furkids said...

Thanks for the update. We're still purring for your mousies.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Sweet Purrfections said...

Thanks for the update. I hope the kittens continue to gain the necessary weight.

Mom Paula

Kwee Cats said...

Great update! Your sweet mousies are so cute. We be purring for you alls. Enjoy your weekend!

Meowers from Missouri said...

ah, tia, we knows this is a topsy-turvy time fur you, but yer mousie-kitties needs you drefful much. please try to help them continue to gain weight an' keep the milk bar open 24/7. an' yer mom needs you, too--she has been movin' heffin an' erf fur you an' yer mousies to make it through ok (an' we hopes an' purrrs that you all do!), so we sends encouragin' whiskery kisses an' pleadin' soft headbumpies to you--be all that you can be, mama!!